Clare College, Cambridge, 10 – 11 April 2017
We will hold the next CCP9 Young Researchers Event and Community Meeting on 10-11 April 2017 in Clare College, Cambridge. The Young Researchers Event will take place on 10 April and the main Community Meeting will be on 11 April. This is a Community Meeting – not a Conference – and our primary aim is to strengthen links between UK researchers working in the field of electronic structure.
We will focus on ongoing CCP9 activities, younger members of our community and future strategy for our CCP. In particular we will:
- Receive updates on CCP9 Flagship Projects, past, present and future, from Dr Jacqui Cole, Professor Mark van Schilfgaarde and Dr Nicholas Hine.
- Have both technical presentations and application talks from a number of recently appointed Academic Staff and Fellows including Dr Ian Bush, Dr Nicholas Bristowe, Dr Andrew Logsdail, and Dr Tom Ostler.
- At the Young Researcher Event, focus on issues which we hope are of particular interest to PhD students, Postdocs and Fellows.
- Hear about the Tier 2 ‘Materials Hub’ from Dr Arash Mostofi.
- Discuss various strategic issues
The key aims of the CCP9 Young Researchers event are to
• Facilitate the growth of the Young Researchers CCP9 community.
• Provide an introduction to the various research areas of CCP9.
• Offer networking opportunities to build support for research and onward career development.
• Receive young researchers’’ input into the CCP9 group.
Please note that the registration deadline is at 17:00 hours on Thursday March 16, 2017. Numbers are limited, so please register soon.